White kitchen cabinets in Jasper, GA have become an extremely notable trend. Light, airy, bright, and contemporary, white kitchen cabinets can slide easily into distinct color schemes. Not only does white always look like a cleaning and refreshing color. There is also a multitude of different shades of white depending on the exact style you want. However, that does not mean that white kitchen cabinets are the best solution for everyone.
The Pros of White Kitchen Cabinets
Why have white kitchen cabinets become so popular for kitchen designs? There are significant benefits:
- White matches everything. Regardless of your other preferred colors and color schemes, white will match. White is a truly neutral color that can work in any setup. This is especially true if you are using bold colors.
- White tends to look smart when you pair it with bright and unusual colors.
- There are different whites. There are both cool whites and warm whites. From antique white to off-white, there is a tremendous number of options available. In fact, it is less about choosing a single color and choosing from a vast spectrum of colors.
- White cabinets always look clean. White is a popular modern color because it always looks clean. Of course, there is a reason for this: white must be kept clean. If you prefer your cooking areas to look freshly scrubbed, white cabinets are likely to add value.
- White cabinets are neutral. A large, blank white slate can go well with any other pattern as well as color. That versatility frees you up for dramatic accents and interesting features. Tiled floors, backsplashes, and unique countertops go great with neutral white cabinets. You can always add eclectic accents to your room.
- Any style works in white. There are dozens of major styles of the cabinet doors, but they all work well in white. White doors can be blank slabs, without any accents at all, or they can be highly decorated and ornate. Since white is such a neutral color, the actual build of the door can be anything.
- White cabinets look modern. White cabinets have become more common in recent years for a noticeably obvious reason. They look incredibly stylish. White cabinets have a sleek and contemporary appearance often associated with innovative technology. If your white cabinets have a glossy exterior, it will look even more dramatic.
- White cabinets are popular. If you think you may be selling your home any time in the future, this is a substantial benefit. White cabinets are popular now which makes them desirable. They are neutral enough that most home buyers would be interested in seeing them. Other kitchen styles may be more polarizing.
Of course, white kitchen cabinets are also a matter of taste. There are downsides to them as well, especially for those who are not pursuing the ultra-modern look.
The Cons of White Kitchen Cabinets in Jasper, GA
White kitchen cabinets do have negatives that you might want to consider before installing them. Negatives of white kitchen Jasper, GA include:
- They need to be kept clean. Not only do white kitchen cabinets naturally look fresh and bold, but they also must be kept clean. They will very easily collect dirt and grease, and often need to be wiped down to maintain their luster. More neutral colors such as creams and grays need cleaning far less frequently because they do not show the dirt as well.
- The other side of ultra-modern is that be a more sterile white environment. It can call into mind places like doctor’s offices or dental clinics, mainly because they are so clean. However, this downside can be lessened with other colors throughout the kitchen. Plus, you can always incorporate fun patterns and textures.
- They do not celebrate natural materials. Kitchens have long been one of the few locations of the home that really celebrated natural wood grain and its features. White kitchen cabinets cover up any wood grain (or are made from plastics and other materials) and consequently do not give the homeowner the ability to enjoy those natural materials. This may not be important to you. For others, it is an essential part of a kitchen.
- They may eventually look dated. White kitchen cabinets are on-trend about every fifteen years. But like other trends, they may eventually seem dated. Since they have been exceptionally popular for over a decade, they could make a home look as though it was built in the previous fifteen years. For some, this really is not a consideration; others may want a more timeless look.
- They do need maintenance. White paint, especially, will scratch and dull very quickly. It may become necessary to re-surface or re-paint kitchen cabinets at intervals. Much of this depends on the materials of the kitchen cabinets and whether the paint job was effective. But either way, white paint shows scratches more readily than other colors.
These may not be strong negatives for some people. If you like cleaning, for instance, issues with maintenance really are not a chore. Nevertheless, consider them before making a final decision.
Choosing White Kitchen Cabinets in Jasper, GA
It can be difficult to determine the style of your kitchen cabinets without a greater context. Want to know whether you should choose white kitchen cabinets? You should answer a few questions first, while also figuring out the rest of your kitchen design:
- Does maintenance matter to you? If you want something that’s more limited maintenance, white kitchen cabinets may not be ideal. Not only do they need to frequent cleaning, but scratches will also be noticeable.
- What type of material do you want for your cabinets? If you want a more expensive hardwood, it may be a shame to just paint it over with white. On the other hand, if you are okay with plastic cabinets, white cabinets may be the ideal option.
- What does the rest of your home look like? If you have a modern, bright, and open home, then white kitchen cabinets will fit right in. If your home is less modern and more classic, then white kitchen cabinets are more likely to stick out.
- Do you want a more classic or more modern appearance? White kitchen cabinets are always going to look more modern than classic. If you are a fan of the ultra-modern look, these cabinets are right for you. If you prefer something more subdued, they may not be.
- What lighting are you going to use? The lighting you will use in your kitchen, whether natural or electrical, will influence the way that white looks. It will also determine the type of white that is best suited to it. Testing out different swatches of white inside of the natural environment is one of the best ways to decide whether it looks right to you.
White kitchen cabinets in Jasper, GA have a unique and modern look that you just cannot get anywhere else. However, for cozier or more classic designs, they may leave something to be desired. Whether white kitchen cabinets are right for your home, kitchen, and family really depends on the design and functionality that you are going for.
For free help considering the pros and cons of using white in the kitchen contact us today at 770-737-4696. We offer free kitchen and bath cabinet design classes. Learn how to select appliances, cabinets, countertops, and flooring from a real Kitchen Design Expert for FREE.